Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2021 21/52

Happy Sunday everyone! A late one today as I just haven’t felt like staring at the screen. I have realised I’m also way behind in engaging with you all on your posts from last week and for that, I do apologise. I will make amends this week. Anyway, without further ado, here are all the things I am grateful for from 16th May to 22nd May 2021:

Getting home to two clingy and affectionate cats after a week away in Adelaide

Having a productive working week; clearly goes to show I needed my time off

Getting lots of doggy love this week – Jellybean {at the gym}, Teddy, and Jenson <3

Getting lots of cat cuddles from a clingy Pebbles

Being complimented by strangers for my outfits a couple of times this week

Getting my first Pfizer vaccine

Decent training week with a new program

Finding out some wonderful news on Friday – after being longlisted for the Peter Carey award earlier this month, I found out I have now been shortlisted!

A lovely dinner hosted by Sammie and David on Friday night which included Teddy cuddles

Lovely response and support by friends and family regarding the shortlist

Talking to my sister on Saturday

Fun catch up with a friend on Saturday night over beers and good chats and music

It’s been a good week even though most of my focus has been work. I am still in shock and so grateful about making the short story shortlist.

How has your week been?

Do share!

***Linking with Natalie for Weekend Coffee Share and Denyse for Life this Week***

• Astrid
    24 May 2021 at 2:13 am

It sounds like you had a great week with lots of fun spent with and talking to friends and family. Congrats on being shortlisted! I’m also so happy on your behalf that you got your first vaccine.
    Astrid recently posted…#WeekendCoffeeShare (May 23, 2021)My Profile

• Barbara Lofgren
    24 May 2021 at 5:40 am

How lovely to get shortlisted for the Peter Carey award! Sounds like a good week with dog and cat cuddles and the vaccination.
    Barbara Lofgren recently posted…Six on Saturday 22.05.21My Profile

• Julie
    24 May 2021 at 2:10 pm

Coming home to your pets even if it’s just a few hours for work is the best feeling!

• Deborah Cook
    24 May 2021 at 2:16 pm

Huge congrats on the shortlisting. That’s amazing but I’m sure well-deserved.

Good work also on the vaccination. I’m eligible for AstraZeneca but was a bit nervous as I’ve had issues in the past with platelet counts. (Some heredity thing and one of my cousins has had DVT a couple of times.) I’m happy to take the risk but as I live alone unsure if / when I’d know I had to seek help if something went wrong.

But, I’ve finally booked in now as I felt bad that everyone was complaining about low vaccination rates etc…

xx
    Deborah Cook recently posted…Self-care: getting out of my own headMy Profile

• Vanessa
    24 May 2021 at 3:44 pm

I’m hoping to get my first vaccine shot this week. And huge congratulations on being shortlisted for the award!

• Debbie+Harris
    24 May 2021 at 4:27 pm

That’s fantastic about being shortlisted Sanch, well done! Have a great week and fingers crossed. #lifethisweek
    Debbie+Harris recently posted…A cheeky little getaway across the border #SundayStillsMy Profile

• Lydia C. Lee
    24 May 2021 at 5:44 pm

Just had to pop in and say congratulations! You must be beside yourself. I’m so excited for you!!!! Raising a glass~!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted…Share Four SomethingsMy Profile

• Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
    25 May 2021 at 9:01 am

So thrilled for you about your shortlist – so well deserved! Feels like you and Teddy really caught up on the cuddles this week and none of us are complaining about that! Have a great week!

• Kirstin
    26 May 2021 at 12:53 am

Sounds like much to be thankful for, and congrats on being shortlisted. I had to look up the award to see what it was 🙂

Have a great week this week.

• Denyse Whelan
    26 May 2021 at 6:47 pm

I love that you have scored such a big prize….in being shortlisted…go Sanch. Will be keeping my eye out for the follow up. Glad you had a chat with your sister and caught up with Sam too. So good you two have become great friends thanks to blogging.

Thank you for joining in Life This Week Link Up.
    I’ve just added another 10 optional prompts taking us to October!
    It’s always good to see a blog post from you and I value your presence here. Denyse.
    Denyse Whelan recently posted…Self Care Stories #3. 21/51 #LifeThisWeek. Gratitude, Meditation & Ageing. 64/2021.My Profile