Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2021 10/52

Happy Sunday, everyone! Today marks 12 months since I went to my last proper live music gig which involved being able to stand and watch the bands. I still vividly remember a couple of people wearing masks and the bands thanking us for coming out to support them. I miss live music – more so as some gigs that were rescheduled have been cancelled. But I’m trying to be optimistic. Anyway, this isn’t to moan about the year that has been. It’s been a busy, busy week and has felt like the longest one but I’ve also managed to pack in so much in addition to long work hours! Here’s all that I’m grateful for from 28 February 2021 to 6 March 2021:

A couple of hours on Sunday morning at the beach

Sunday afternoon naps on the couch with Pebbles

Spontaneous catch up with a friend on Sunday evening for drinks and dinner which was really lovely

Twilight swims at the beach on a very hot and humid Monday

Slow Tuesday morning with a walk by the harbour

Writing group catch up on Tuesday evening – getting some good and constructive feedback and talking all things writing

Good chat with my friend JR on Wednesday night as we plan for a week off in April

Book club conversations on Thursday night – a bit heated because I hated the book! Here’s my PSA: Don’t read Girl A. Book club was a good distraction from a very heavy and busy work day earlier.

Trialling another new gym on Friday morning – it’s a strength and conditioning gym and more of what I’m looking for. The 1 hour session one-on-one was brilliant!

Productive work day on Friday

Friday night dinner and drinks at a fancy restaurant I hadn’t been to before

Saturday afternoon at a new beach in Cronulla after work and also discovering street art around Cronulla

Like I said at the start, it’s been a busy work week and is only going to be busier. I’m hoping to still blog and engage properly but with deadlines looming, it’ll be hit and miss I suppose. I’m still going to do my best to keep writing though.

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Natalie for Weekend Coffee share and Denyse for Life this week***

• Deborah Cook
    7 March 2021 at 3:20 pm

It sounds like a lovely week and nicely balanced. I don’t do book club or am in any writers’ groups. I’m not confident re sharing my writing, which I know is weird given I blog. But when I used to go to a (now disbanded) group locally I couldn’t read my writing out loud or hand it over for someone to read. I stress about my uni assignments enough but perhaps I should look at joining one that requires me to do certain exercises so I’m forced to write and step outside of my comfort zone.

• Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      8 March 2021 at 9:27 am

I overcame that fear of writing at uni because we had to workshop our writing. With writing groups post-uni, we haven’t read our work out loud but rather, just shared about 2000 words each time. I do find it really helpful because there is so much in our own writing that we cannot see.

• Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out
    7 March 2021 at 7:32 pm

Mine is far less eventful, but thanks for sharing yours.
    Wishing you a great week
    Shelleyrae @ Book’d Out recently posted…Review: Other People’s Houses by Kelli HawkinsMy Profile

• Joanne+Tracey
    8 March 2021 at 8:25 am

While Girl A is not my type of book, the opinion you have of it is the opinion I’ve most heard expressed – which makes me wonder where the other opinions come from lol. Have a great week.

• Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      8 March 2021 at 9:25 am

I suspect marketing plays a big role in this. A lot of the Instagrammers with positive reviews were gifted the book so again, I find that interesting. While I admit not every book is for everyone, what was intriguing about this to me is even the ones who liked it in book club, said they found the timeline confusing and lost track of characters. That’s telling a lot so I understand the reviews raving about the writing!! It makes me so cynical about everything.

• Vanessa
    8 March 2021 at 10:24 am

I managed to get to the beach for dinner last night – finally seeing the start (though not enough!) of the cool breezes showing that summer might end one day so it was pretty nice.

• Lydia C. Lee
    8 March 2021 at 10:25 am

That water looks so clean!! In pictures, that looks a pretty sensational weekend! Which fancy restaurant?
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted…Shades of greyMy Profile

• Natalie
    8 March 2021 at 10:26 am

Sanch, I’m glad to see you were able to meet up with friends and have beach time. I haven’t heard about Girl A and appreciate your opinion. Thank you for linking with #weekendCoffeeShare.
    Natalie recently posted…Doors in MoroccoMy Profile

• Melissa // Suger
    8 March 2021 at 10:51 am

My week has been good! Thanks for asking. 😉

And can I just say, a twilight swim on a muggy day is my FAVOURITE thing.
    Melissa // Suger recently posted…How to put together a cheeseboard quick!My Profile

• Debbie+Harris
    8 March 2021 at 10:13 pm

It’s been a good week for me thanks Sanch! I think a lively discussion at book club is what is required at times, and everyone has to be honest. Sounds like you’ve had a good week in lots of ways 🙂
    Debbie+Harris recently posted…3 from 3 – rainy days for #SundayStillsMy Profile

• Denyse Whelan
    10 March 2021 at 7:36 pm

I always enjoy your catch ups …here and in real life of course. This one is no different. However, I am going to add a protective comment. Going into the water: surf or harbour at dusk or dawn can be a time when the “sh” fish can be found. Not sayin’ in your case but as a precaution, I would not.

So, I got to have a social media catch up with a friend yesterday and that was awesome. We went to Two Birds cafe at Toowoon Bay. It’s changed itself a bit due to covid and I am finding many cafes that way and into Long Jetty really are becoming very on-trend.

Thanks so much for linking up for Life This Week. Next week, we are #11 and the optional prompt is Floral. Hope to see you there and in the meantime, may you be well, may you be safe and may you be content. Denyse.
    Denyse Whelan recently posted…Share Your Snaps.#2. 10/51. #LifeThisWeek. Golden Wedding Anniversary. Part 2/3. 30/2021.My Profile

• Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      10 March 2021 at 8:58 pm

Ooh I remember Two Birds. I think I went there once. I’m so glad you got to catch up. Haha and yes, I’m aware of the sharks – I got that warning from someone when I’d swim at Bateau around twilight!

• kirstin troyer
    12 March 2021 at 3:02 am

I love the photo of the bridge and boats. I enjoyed reading your catch up, and guessing you live somewhere warm if you were swimming…lol

• Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
    14 March 2021 at 5:46 am

It sounds like you have remembered to play as hard as you work – what a full and well balanced week. The only thing would have made it better would have been an in person catch up 🙂 Must rectify that situation stat! I saw that your new gym has a dog – I think I’d have more incentive to go to the gym if I knew there was a dog there!
    Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid recently posted…Paws on Business: Women Entrepreneurs – Part 5My Profile

• enjoying the new garden – Touring My Backyard
    21 March 2021 at 11:10 am

[…] Writes‘ Weekly Gratitude: recharges with time for herself to recover from a challenging work […]

• warmth from a snowy scene – Touring My Backyard