Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 49/52

gratitude

Happy Sunday, readers! This Sunday has come around very quickly but I guess that can happen when you are in the air for 16 hours {with a break of about three}. It’s been a full on week and I’m just going to dive straight into things I am grateful for from the 2nd of December to the 8th of December 2018.

Catching up with my friend from high school for breakfast on Sunday morning. She’s moved to Bangalore and I caught up with her after seven years

Meeting wonderful bloggers for a lunchtime catch up – Parul, Soumya, Shailaja, Esha, Rachna and Damyanti. It was great to chat over good food, drink and laughs

Parul and her husband making me feel welcome in their home and waking up really early to drop me at the bus stop so I could get to the airport. Note to self: do NOT book early flights!

Writing again – I’ve started a short story and it’s good to get creative again

Comfortable flights from Bombay to Singapore and Singapore to Sydney

A friendly Uber driver from Sydney to the coast – it was the first Uber here I’ve taken alone and we enjoyed long chats about travel, food, psychology and coming home

Coming back home to my cats, sleeping in my own bed, driving my car, seeing blue skies, breathing clean air

Going to the beach on a glorious Friday morning

Catching up with a friend on Friday and exchanging travel tales

Catching up with friends on Saturday for our friend’s surprise 40th birthday celebrations. We had a picnic in the national park and it was great to catch up with them all especially as the busy social season is about to begin

It’s good to be back. I’ve unpacked and am slowly sorting through things and trying to get myself organised for the week ahead. I start my new job tomorrow and I’m nervous and excited all at once. As we near the end of the year, I’m also trying to reflect on the year gone by and start thinking about the year ahead.

How was your week?

Do share!

***Linking with Denyse for Life this week***

• Shilpa Gupte
    9 December 2018 at 4:53 pm

First of all, wish you the best for your new job!
    How wonderful it must feel to be home at last! I can make out from your words here. πŸ™‚ Rejuvenated after the vacation, I am sure you must look forward with excitement to the new beginning. Enjoy it all!

• Natalie
    10 December 2018 at 12:15 pm

Looks like you had a great trip and homecoming. Good luck with your new job! #lifethisweek
    Natalie recently posted…Postcard from Marrakesh, MoroccoMy Profile

• Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
    10 December 2018 at 3:07 pm

Welcome home, there’s no place like it, is there? I think Sydney Uber drivers are so friendly, much moreso that their American counterparts and Sydney taxis! I’m grateful for good test results, now I can kick back, relax and really enjoy the countdown to Christmas! Good luck with the new job – how exciting!

• Debbie
    10 December 2018 at 3:31 pm

Welcome back! Great to read your weekly gratitudes and see your photos. Sydney is a lovely place to visit and good luck with your new job. #lifethisweek

• Natasha
    10 December 2018 at 5:58 pm

Happy homecoming, Sanch. Looks like a great vacation and a wonderful weekend back home with your feline friends, and others too.

May the year ahead be blessed and hope you enjoy your new job totally. Cheers to new beginnings.

All the very best. God speed!

Natasha recently posted…TWO DOWN THREE TO GO: #Fiction #GuestPost #BlogiversaryMy Profile

• Rachna Parmar
    10 December 2018 at 6:54 pm

I can sense your relief in being back home, and I can relate with it. No matter where we are it’s home that we crave. Good luck with the new job. Do let us know how you are settling in. The cats seem to be happy as well now. And once again, it was so nice to meet up with you.

• Soumya
    11 December 2018 at 12:23 am

Home is where the heart is, right? <3

It was very nice meeting you, Sanch! It would not have been easy for you to travel so much, but you are something! πŸ™‚

Wishing you all the very best at the new job.
    Soumya recently posted…Action Replay + Gratitude List: November 2018My Profile

• Shalzmojo
    11 December 2018 at 2:06 pm

Aww Sanch- big hugs on being home!! I know how that feels and clean air must be even more of a bliss!! I am back in the gaschamber!! πŸ™

All the best with the new job – you are going to smash it out here!! Take good care of you and some cuddles for the kittens from me!

• Shailaja Vishwanath
    11 December 2018 at 2:35 pm

Am so so so glad we got to meet and that we continue to stay in touch mostly through Insta. That’s one thing I love that platform for- a sense of personal and private connection. Your cats must be ecstatic and I could sense that in the stories and updates too. Always ensure you plan a Bangalore leg of the journey every time you make it to India. Hugs and have a great week πŸ™‚
    Shailaja Vishwanath recently posted…Family Rituals: The tools to connect with your childrenMy Profile

• Denyse Whelan
    12 December 2018 at 6:48 pm

Welcome back/home. I think your new job at the end of the year is a good move. You get to ease in quietly, then have some public holidays to try to absorb more. And I hope get some beach time. Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek .Next week’s optional prompt is….wait for it…Christmas! 2nd last one for 2018. Denyse

• Jo
    13 December 2018 at 9:38 am

You looked like you had a fabulous holiday of catch-ups & yumminess – I was a tad envious of some of those instafoodie pics…and when it comes to long haul & economy, comfortable is good! Sorry I’m a tad late in commenting – after a week in Sydney I’m in catch-up mode.

• Parul Thakur
    21 December 2018 at 2:37 pm

We loved having you home! We can do the same many more times so relax! It was great meeting you and spending the extra time with you too πŸ™‚ love and hugs!
    Parul Thakur recently posted…#ThursdayTreeLove -53My Profile