Gratitude

Weekly Gratitude 2018 40/52

gratitude

I cannot believe I have been doing this for 40 weeks this year. Honestly, readers, starting this weekly gratitude series on the blog was one of the best things I ever did in 2018. I love sitting down to write these posts and reflect on the good stuff in the week gone by. My life is by no means smooth sailing all the way {hell, I’m burnt out at the moment!} but writing this post and my daily gratitude diary, helps me see the things to be grateful for amidst the dark clouds. Anyway, without further ado, here’s what I’m grateful for from 30th September 2018 to 6th October 2018.

Sunday with my friend JR – completing a short hike, having brunch at my favourite café and then reading at the beach

A day off on Monday {public holiday} and being able to accomplish some gardening work on my own

Some great workouts during the week

Listening to music where the lyrics mean so much – check out Unbreakable by Birds of Tokyo and The Only Way by Gotye/Karnivool {the original is by Gotye alone but I prefer this one}

A client thanking me at the end of their session and telling me they are able to see the road ahead since seeing me whereas when they first came in, they couldn’t. I confess, I cried after they left

Being given an opportunity for a secondment two days a week at the adult inpatient unit until I go on leave. It’s a new challenge that’s scary and exciting all at once

Long email conversations

Really good girlfriends

Arriving home safely after driving on the freeway on a stormy night – visibility was minimal with rain and fog, and there were some crazy truck drivers still speeding!

Watching Sleepmakeswaves live in concert in Sydney on Thursday night along with support act And so I watch you from afar. It was ah-may-zing and I have found another band apart from Karnivool, Birds of Tokyo and The Living End to follow every time they perform!

Giving myself permission to not exercise on Friday after a late night on Thursday and a super busy day at private practice on Friday

Continuing my decluttering spree

So that’s been my week. It’s been busy and I may be coming down with a sore throat, but there is a lot to be grateful for.

How has your week been?

Do share!

• Rachna
    7 October 2018 at 3:57 pm

You have been doing a wonderful job with your weekly gratitude posts for sure. Good to hear the positives about your week. Take care of that sore throat.

• Shailaja Vishwanath
    8 October 2018 at 4:54 pm

I swear I teared up a bit too at the mention of that patient who felt better! You’re doing a wonderful job, Sanch. It’s so much in tune with empathy, compassion and goodness. I love your weekly gratitude journal even if I don’t comment too regularly. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead and more positives to come always 🙂

• Shalzmojo
    8 October 2018 at 5:12 pm

Awesome job on these gratitude posts Sanch- so very proud of you. On a side note, do check out the Gratitude pie app developed by Upasna – its rocking for me as it lets me input five of my highlights for the day into an entry on the phone. I just started on it and its fabulous.

I am sorry to hear about your continuous trials; wish I was there to lend a listening ear. Hang in there brave girl – this is the life we have chosen for ourselves and must deal with its ups and downs on our own. I seriously cant wait to meet you now.

Kudos on the client feedback- it just goes to show how good you are at your work! Take care babes 🙂

• Sonia Chatterjee
    8 October 2018 at 8:17 pm

I have been reading a lot of your gratitude posts and I am amazed at your consistency in bringing them out. It is so essential to be thankful for things we have. I am sure this is going to be an awesome week for you.

• shanayatales
    9 October 2018 at 1:37 pm

I admire how consistent you are with these posts, and I am glad that they help you relive the highlights of the week gone by. Wishing you another great week ahead.

Oh and take care of that throat. Warm water, honey, and Septilin usually does the trick for me when I feel a sore throat coming on.

• Soumya
    9 October 2018 at 5:47 pm

40 weeks, you are a legend! 😀

Take care of yourself, Sanch. Your fitness regime is an inspiration to me and yes, do allow yourself to take a break when the body is exhausted and you need the rest. It is totally okay.

I hope your sore throat is better now and wishing you a fabulous week ahead.
    Soumya recently posted…#FeministMondays | Believe Survivors, Believe WomenMy Profile