Poetry

it was a stranger
an ordinary guy

Thirty women dead
in half a year,
one too many
why can’t anyone hear?

© Sanch V @ Sanch Writes (2nd July 2018)

***Written for Day one of the third edition of Bar-a-thon hosted by Blog-a-rhythm. The prompt is ‘one too many‘***

Featured Image Source: Pexels

• Zainab
    2 July 2018 at 6:21 am

That’s a powerful one! Too good and so true. Unfortunately!

• Meena
    2 July 2018 at 10:09 am

Powerful poem, Saanch! It is such a heartbreaking truth of the day. Forget women, even little girls and boys are not spared. When will this stop?

Here from balconysunrise.wordpress.com

• Pr@Gun
    2 July 2018 at 1:40 pm

strong emotions but the bitter truth that is locked inside doors. great expression

• Shailaja Vishwanath
    2 July 2018 at 2:59 pm

This gave me chills, Sanch and for whatever reason, rang all too true as well. So much pain, so many women in danger and yet not enough is done to protect them.

When will it end?

Powerful response to the prompt. This one will stay with me.
    Shailaja Vishwanath recently posted…Intoxication #FlashFictionMy Profile

• Akshata
    2 July 2018 at 3:08 pm

This was heartbreaking but the sad part is its the truth. This was quite a different take on the prompt , well done.
    Akshata recently posted…Never would I have thought in my wildest dreams…My Profile

• The Queen
    2 July 2018 at 3:58 pm

Oh lord! harsh and heartbreaking

• Varad
    2 July 2018 at 5:58 pm

Powerful, brutal, and quite evocative. The unfortunate reality is nothing has changed over the years. Only the news of the atrocities reach a far wider audience because of traditional and social media. Very well penned, Sanch.

• Deepa
    2 July 2018 at 8:32 pm

Brilliant.. I love poetries and this is very emotional and strong. Sad, not much has changed despite many efforts to stop this brutality.

• Suzy
    2 July 2018 at 9:16 pm

Well done. You described the issues well with powerful and vivid imagery. So tragic that unfortunately it seems it’s never one too many because it never seems to end.
    Suzy recently posted…One Too Many … #BarAThonMy Profile

• Parul Thakur
    2 July 2018 at 11:05 pm

Chilling! And as I this I thought of India and all that we keep listening in the news. It’s sad and scary and real. A powerful take on the prompt!
    Parul Thakur recently posted…The color dashMy Profile

• Namratha
    3 July 2018 at 4:01 am

The story of why India has topped the list for being unsafe for women. Tragic indeed!
    Namratha recently posted…The Earth Rotates Faster Than Me #BarAThon @blogarhythm1My Profile

• Sanch @ Sanch Writes
      3 July 2018 at 5:43 am

Yeah I read that one. Although this one is related to Australia where so far this year, 30 women have been killed

• Veggie Mama
    3 July 2018 at 9:56 am

Too many, indeed.

• anupriya
    3 July 2018 at 2:56 pm

An extremely strong one. An its saddening that women across the world have similar fates.

• BellyBytes
    3 July 2018 at 6:42 pm

Horrifying! Terrifying and oh so true . No amount of clamouring seems to do any good .

• Esha
    3 July 2018 at 7:24 pm

What a brilliant take on the prompt, Sanch! Rings so true and so very shocking to see what is happening to women the world over! I loved your verse for the strong message it sends across. But the question is—when will the world take notice and act? When will things change?
    Esha recently posted…The Colourful Boats | #WordlessWednesdayMy Profile

• Anagha Yatin (@anagha_yatin)
    3 July 2018 at 10:18 pm

Wish we had none, forget one too many of such tragic tales. When will we be safe?

• Ishieta@icdreams.in
    5 July 2018 at 5:16 pm

oh powerful & poignant! truth which is often covered up!

• Vicky
    11 July 2018 at 6:53 pm

Wow!
    That is powerful. I’m off to share it on my personal page. It’s chilling, and real, and not ok!
    Before I get on my soapbox about this, I’ll finish here.
    Thank you. For writing so powerfully about a problem, no, an atrocity that needs to be spoken about.
    Vicky recently posted…What’s in a name?My Profile