The Month That Was

The month that was November 2016

November is the month where most bloggers take up the blogging challenge NaBloPoMo. I’ve done that in the past but didn’t want to this year due to attempting NaNoWriMo. But it looks like my mind had plans that were different to other bloggers and writers. My mind refused to be creative.

In November, I barely blogged. The month started with internet issues and thankfully, iiNet replaced my modem. There haven’t been major issues since then thankfully but I’m hoping not to jinx it as the last two mornings the internet has been down when I’ve woken up and the modem has required a restart.

Anyway, I wrote about things I’d like to be remembered for after I die. I also wrote about how I go through phases of longing for my family or at the very least, my sister. It sucks not having her close by or even on the same continent! I continued the serious stuff with talking about being the change we want to see in the world. However, I did have a light post on my hobbies.

You might think having only five posts in November must have meant I won NaNoWriMo. Um, no. You see, after a decent start I just had a  massive block and didn’t go further than 6000 words. Still, it’s 6000 words I didn’t have and maybe I can write over time off during Christmas and New Year’s when I’m more relaxed.

I fell sick in November and couldn’t do the Bloody Long Walk as planned on the 13th. That kinda sucked but the rest certainly helped. My friend got married in the last weekend of the month and it was a lovely wedding. I’ve been trying to get back into exercising again and worked out three times last week and so far, twice this week. I am trying to get back into a routine again and hopefully by the new year, I’ll be good. I also got a haircut last week — short hair again which I haven’t had for 10 years!

So far, life up the coast is good. I love the beaches and laidback lifestyle and have been enjoying exploring some areas. I am enjoying work and my colleagues are awesome. Mr Imperfect will be joining me in the new year. The downside is I miss my unit — it seemed more spacious than the townhouse I’m currently in! And it was much more cooler in summer due to being double-brick. Sigh.

How was November for you? Did you participate in NaBloPoMo or NaNoWriMo?

Any plans for December?

Do share!

If you’ve written a post reflecting on the month gone by, feel free to add your link below. Share and comment!

***Linking up with Debbish, Min, Leanne and others for the Lovin’ Life Linky***

SANCH_sig1

• Deborah
    1 December 2016 at 10:00 am

I’m glad you’re enjoying your new life. I’m sure settling in takes time – I know that was the case for me… though ‘not working’ when I first moved was the weirdest thing.

I didn’t even start NaNoWriMo. My head just wasn’t in it I’m afraid. Though I do regret that. #teamlovinlife
    Deborah recently posted…Taking stock – December 2016My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 10:11 pm

Yeah it certainly takes time and there’s much to get used to. Oh, I thought you were doing NaNo too this year…oh well, there’s always some other time!

• Deborah
    1 December 2016 at 10:00 am

Deborah recently posted…Taking stock – December 2016My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 10:11 pm

• Denyse
    1 December 2016 at 1:30 pm

Settling in is hard and I am still finding that so, but am more comfortable with coastal living than I was 12 months ago. I know that spot in the pic well! Happier times ahead for you I hope. Denyse x
    Denyse recently posted…What Is A Job These Days? 366/327.My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 10:07 pm

Yeah I had someone else tell me it took them about 12 months to find their feet. That’s a lovely spot, isn’t it? I was thinking of you when I drove past the suburb — I stopped here for lunch one day when I was on the road for work.

• Denyse
    1 December 2016 at 1:30 pm

Denyse recently posted…What Is A Job These Days? 366/327.My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 10:07 pm

• trish
    1 December 2016 at 2:33 pm

I’ve given up the NaBloPoMo challenges and a lot of blogging pressures.
    Our tree change was a big shift and I long for the beach (not that we lived close before either) yet I am content here in outback NSW.
    Sorry you missed the Bloody Long walk – it’s on my list and the seven bridges too.

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 9:35 pm

Tree change sounds lovely too but I’m such a water person I couldn’t be without the beach 🙂 I’ve done the 7 bridges a couple of years ago and that was quite enjoyable!

• trish
    1 December 2016 at 2:33 pm

I’ve given up the NaBloPoMo challenges and a lot of blogging pressures.

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 9:35 pm

• Vanessa
    1 December 2016 at 3:14 pm

You did an extra 0 than me… I think I cracked 600 for NaNoWriMo!

• Vanessa
    1 December 2016 at 3:14 pm

You did an extra 0 than me… I think I cracked 600 for NaNoWriMo!

• Parul Thakur
    1 December 2016 at 8:27 pm

Sorry to hear about your health and net issues. Show me a picture of the new cut. I am sure it looks super smart. 🙂 Glad to know that the coast is treating you well and the workplace is fine. You will slowly get in the groove. Don’t worry about the words – you will get there. I had a good month and lots of junk eating but I am going to make it better in December 🙂
    Hugs and love!
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Gratitude List – November 2016My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 9:06 pm

I shared the pic on Instagram the day I took it…it was just last week so you might still find it. 🙂 Hope you have a wonderful December!

• Parul Thakur
    1 December 2016 at 8:27 pm

Hugs and love!
    Parul Thakur recently posted…Gratitude List – November 2016My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 9:06 pm

• Vasantha Vivek
    1 December 2016 at 8:46 pm

Enjoyed reading about how November has served you. Happy December !!!
    Vasantha Vivek recently posted…Laughter Lightens LifeMy Profile

• Vasantha Vivek
    1 December 2016 at 8:46 pm

Enjoyed reading about how November has served you. Happy December !!!
    Vasantha Vivek recently posted…Laughter Lightens LifeMy Profile

• Leanne@ www.crestingthehill.com.au
    1 December 2016 at 9:02 pm

It’s funny how you think you haven’t done much – but looking back you actually have done quite a lot. It’s all about perspective really – and with Christmas coming things will definitely speed up!

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 10:19 pm

Yeah it has been a busy month with other things I suppose. All about perspective isn’t it?! December should go by quickly so I’m looking forward to Christmas just for the time off!

• Leanne@ www.crestingthehill.com.au
    1 December 2016 at 9:02 pm

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      1 December 2016 at 10:19 pm

• Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    2 December 2016 at 10:15 pm

You’ve done a lot during November Sanch! Five blog posts for the month is good! At the moment I am only managing 1 post per week! I did 2 per week for a while but so busy at the moment it is impossible. I’m glad you’re settling in well at your new home (even if it’s not as cool in your townhouse as your previous unit) and it is such a bonus to be enjoying work and to have great work colleagues! 🙂 #TeamLovinLife

• Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    2 December 2016 at 10:15 pm

• Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    3 December 2016 at 8:10 am

Glad you’re finding the positives in your new life.
    Shame about the Bloody Long Walk, but there’s always next year.
    Well done on 6000 words! As you say, that’s 6000 words more than you had. Oh, and 6000 words is basically a novelette.

• Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit
    3 December 2016 at 8:10 am

Glad you’re finding the positives in your new life.
    Shame about the Bloody Long Walk, but there’s always next year.

• J.Gi Federizo
    13 December 2016 at 2:25 pm

My November was just okay. I couldn’t be as prolific as I wanted to be but I’ve decided not to be affected by blogger-guilt. Loved the fact, though, that I finally wrote new poems in my mother tongue because I was joining a poetry-writing competition. Also discussed what I’ve watched so far of The Walking Dead in my recap AND added a poll about which book I should read first, GoT or Hunger Games. Which book would you suggest?
    J.Gi Federizo recently posted…November 2016 RECAP #MonthlyRecapMy Profile