Life

If we were having coffee 17 September 2016 #WeekendCoffeeShare

It’s that time of the week again when I invite you over for a cuppa. Please sit down, get comfortable and relax. I’ve already had my morning coffee and am now sitting with a steaming mug of peppermint tea. Can I get you some?

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I am working from home for a few hours today. However, I’m not too fussed as it’s my writing-psych job and I get write content I enjoy. I’ve been working on some weeknights too and thoroughly enjoying it. Speaking of which, it’s been giving me ideas of setting up a psychology blog. But I’ll definitely hold off on that until next year!

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you it’s been a rollercoaster of a week emotionally. I’ve had to tell all my clients goodbye and it’s been harder with some than others. In fact, one of them actually asked me if I could still come back for her graduation — in two years’ time! I also had my final book club in my local area. It’s a bigger shame because I started this earlier this year and have had some interesting discussions every month.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you how I got a shock on Thursday as I was on the bus to the station after work. We saw a dog fall out of a car on a busy road. The poor thing seemed shaken but fortunately, no one ran over it and in fact, cars stopped and one driver got out and managed to hold on to its leash. The owners obviously noticed and had come running back for their pup. I cannot imagine the fear they would’ve experienced! It made me come home and hug my kitties harder.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I said goodbye to some colleagues yesterday as they are off to school camps next week. It means even though my last official day is the Monday after, I won’t see some of them again. A couple of them in particular made me feel oh-so-welcome and I have truly appreciated that.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I know where I’m going to be living up the Central Coast but I’m not yet certain about my timeframe in terms of the move. There are a few things that need sorting out and it’s possible I might have to still work up there for a week without having moved officially. But it’s all good. I’ve been looking through Meetup to see what kinds of groups are around and I realised I might have to set up a book club there. There’s a writing group and I’ve found gyms and yoga places close by. These were a must because I really have to get back to exercising!

My meals (top to bottom): Slow-cooked lamb with tzatziki, slow cooked lamb with feat mash, Veggie Paleo bread

Speaking of exercising, I haven’t done much at all these past two weeks! But, I’ve had about two weeks of the I Quit Sugar program. And guess what? Even though I’m not meant to weigh myself till Week 4, I couldn’t resist. I noticed I have lost 1.7 kilos in ten days and more importantly, some of my skirts seem a bit looser around the hips. This has just been diet-related as I haven’t had time to exercise! So I can only imagine the benefits with both diet and exercise.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I have a barbecue at a friend’s place tonight and another one tomorrow afternoon. Amidst all this, I still have to work, cook my meals for the week ahead and start some form of packing! I need more hours in the day. Honest.

If we were having coffee, I’d not just keep rambling about myself and my life but would also really want to know about yours.

So tell me, how has your week been? Do share!

***Linking with Diana for Weekend Coffee Share, Paula and Karin for The Ultimate Rabbit Hole and Denyse for Life this week***

Cheers!

• Veggie Mama
    17 September 2016 at 12:03 pm

If we were having coffee I’d tell you I was tired and then immediately regret it because that’s not fun conversation! Then I’d tell you… um…. I had a really good burger last night?!
    Veggie Mama recently posted…Veggie Mama LovesMy Profile

• Kirsty @ My Home Truths
    17 September 2016 at 2:56 pm

There’s so much going on with you right now Sanch. I hope in the midst of it all, somehow, you are actually getting some downtime too!
    Kirsty @ My Home Truths recently posted…9 Ways to Find Support as a CarerMy Profile

• Obsessivemom
    17 September 2016 at 6:13 pm

Good luck for the move Sanch I’m sure everything will turn out just perfect. Cheers to a the diet – it’s amazing to lose weight always. And you’re right – coupled with exercise you can work miracles. I’ve not been too great on the diet exercise front either. Need to get my act together. Always good to share coffee with you :-).
    Obsessivemom recently posted…Ganapati in the cityMy Profile

• Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic
    17 September 2016 at 11:28 pm

Oh that poor pup! He’s lucky not to have been hurt! I definitely thought of my Buffy. I hope you have a great week Sanch! And that everything goes well with the move!
    Paula, The Geeky Shopaholic recently posted…The Ultimate Rabbit Hole #85My Profile

• Ericka @ A Quiet Girl's Musings...
    17 September 2016 at 11:44 pm

You have had a week! Hang in there! Oh, and congrats on the weight loss!
    Ericka @ A Quiet Girl’s Musings… recently posted…Friday Five (Vol. 4)My Profile

• Rowena
    18 September 2016 at 12:05 am

Thanks for the coffee, Sanch and all the best with the move. Hope it goes well.
    I wrote a more lengthy comment and it somehow got delete.
    Hope you have a great week!
    xx Rowena
    Rowena recently posted…Sowing the Seed for Rio.My Profile

• Colline
    18 September 2016 at 12:26 am

Wow! I am impressed by the results of the change in your diet.

• Betty Louise Davenport
    18 September 2016 at 6:23 am

Saying goodbye to friends is not easy. I know you are looking forward to this new phase of your life. In a short time you be sete in a d can chose your activities wisely. Good luck with move and job.
    Betty Louise Davenport recently posted…COFFEE/TEA SHARE SEPTEMBER 17, 2016My Profile

• Corina
    19 September 2016 at 3:49 am

Saying goodbye is so mentally and emotionally exhausting. I would say that the peppermint tea could help that. I’m ready for some. It was my mom’s go to fix for anything that ailed us…mint tea!

• Pamela Morse
    19 September 2016 at 4:22 am

Central coast of where? Since you are talking about kilograms, I take it this is not California. Good luck with that move.

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      19 September 2016 at 6:15 am

Central Coast in New South Wales, Australia. Didn’t realise there was another Central Coast 🙂 Thanks!

• Deborah
    19 September 2016 at 8:55 am

It’s great that your colleagues will miss you and shows you’ve become close to them within a short amount of time.

It’s a big change but it’s good you’ve got a job to go to!

• Ashleigh - mymeow.com.au
    19 September 2016 at 9:23 am

I have been thinking about the I Quit Sugar Program! Good luck with your last day. I remember how gutted I was saying goodbye to clients after three years. It was really hard! Good luck!
    Ashleigh – mymeow.com.au recently posted…I’m HomeMy Profile

• Kathleen
    19 September 2016 at 10:48 am

LOVE tzatziki!! Tried to make it myself and it’s never as good.. Wow. scary about the pup! Thank God he/she is okay and back with their owners.. I love Meetup also, have met some great people that way! Good luck!
    Kathleen recently posted…If We Were Having Coffee – 9/17/16My Profile

• Denyse
    19 September 2016 at 1:51 pm

You are doing well with so much of your change and its nice to know that you have been appreciated by colleagues and clients. We don’t always know that until it’s time to go. Good luck with the transition and the move itself. Thanks for linking up today.
    Denyse recently posted…Favourite Family Meal. #ltw2. 366/263.My Profile

• Joanna Lynn
    20 September 2016 at 5:40 am

It’s so hard to say goodbye to people. I’m sure it made you feel so good to have made such a difference in someone’s life that they wanted you to come back to celebrate their graduation. Good job!

• Libby Boyle
    20 September 2016 at 1:06 pm

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I’m excited about moving too. We’re moving home in early December after nearly five years away. Home to our house, not another rental. Home to where long time friends live and step-grand daughter. Home. It’s going to be fun moving back into our own house with our own things. I’m excited.

• Alicia O'Brien
    20 September 2016 at 3:06 pm

Great work on the weight loss. Your food looks so healthy, lots of veggies is good!
    Haven’t heard of Meetup. Nabo.com.au is another site you might find something on in your new area x
    Alicia O’Brien recently posted…a diamond in the roughMy Profile