Life

If we were having coffee 4 June 2016 #WeekendCoffeeShare

If we were having coffee, it wouldn’t be at my place today. That’s because I’m up in the Blue Mountains for a weekend getaway. I’d probably invite you to meet me for some fabulous coffee at one of the cafés around here. I’d wait for you to order yours and then order my usual — a strong skim latte.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that we’d booked this weekend away almost a month ago. I’d been excited back then as I do love short getaways and there’s still so much of the mountains I haven’t explored. But sadly, the weather this weekend is nothing but rain, rain and more rain. I’d tell you though about the lovely cottage we are staying in. It’s right next to the bush and I can see fog, rain and trees from the living room window. There is a delightful tree still with red and orange autumn leaves right outside the front door. I’m captivated by its colours and it’s the one time I wish I could paint.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I hate winter and I’m sad that it’s started with a bang. It has also meant I’ve been quite sick since last weekend. I continue to have a cough although I no longer have a sore throat or the sniffles. So it’s just annoying now as I feel run down. I’m not sure I can take three long winter months!

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you about the two tattoos I got recently. I got my cats on my right ankle and a dandelion with the words ‘perfectly imperfect’ on my hip/back. I wouldn’t be able to show them to you in person because with the cold in the mountains, I am rugged up. Instead, I’d probably show you the pictures on Instagram and my phone.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you about the book I recently read by Helen Garner and just how beautiful her writing is. There is something so exquisite, so far-reaching, and poignant about her creative nonfiction. I can only dream of writing like her. I’d tell you that I’ll be reviewing the book shortly on my blog but I’m not sure whether I’ll do it any justice.

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I’m sick of my work and I do like my weekends. Even weekends that are wet and rainy and I can’t do anything outdoors. I’d tell you that even though I’m feeling run down and it’s all rainy and gloomy, I’m going to spend my weekend getaway reading and writing and maybe watching a DVD or playing some board games. I do miss my kitties on weekends away and especially on a day like this, they’d be very warm company.

If we were having coffee, I’d want to know how you’ve been of course, and if you have any plans.

So tell me, how was your week? And what are you up to this weekend?

Do share!

***Linking with Diane for Weekend Coffee Share and with Sammie, Shannon and Karin for The Ultimate Rabbit Hole***

• pins & ashes
    4 June 2016 at 1:50 pm

If we were having coffee, I would tell you I loved your cats and the dandelion you inked!

• Parul
    4 June 2016 at 3:21 pm

If we were having coffee, I would tell you that I want to see the Blue Mountains and I am glad you are getting that short break to enjoy nature. Have fun and feel better soon, Sanch!
    Parul recently posted…Gratitude List – May 2016My Profile

• Beat About the Book
    4 June 2016 at 4:10 pm

If we were having coffee I’d tell you how I love the idea of a coffee shop in the Blue Mountains. And I’d tell you I do understand how terriblly annoying a cough can be. I’d hope the coffee is warm enough for you to start liking the winters just a little bit. Keep warm Sanch, enjoy your getaway and get well soon.
    Beat About the Book recently posted…Me Before You – A ReviewMy Profile

• Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710
    4 June 2016 at 4:57 pm

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that I love winters, and hate the rainy season that’s currently going to start in India. ?
    I’d also tell you about my exam preparation that’s going on in full swing.
    Most of all, I’d rather sit quietly and drink some warm coffee in the Blue Mountains. ?
    Mithila Menezes @fabulus1710 recently posted…Snores and S’moresMy Profile

• Vishal Bheeroo
    4 June 2016 at 5:42 pm

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I wanna be an independent writer and start my own editing firm in the next three years, chucking off a full time job and travelling the world.
    Love this coffee post…it’s awesome:)
    Vishal Bheeroo recently posted…Fatglam: Shuchi Singh Kalra on the moveMy Profile

• Marilyn
    5 June 2016 at 6:27 pm

If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that a getaway in the mountains, though rainy and gloomy sounds just like what I need right now! (minus the cough and sniffles) 😉

• Betty Louise Davenport
    6 June 2016 at 1:57 am

I would asked which Blue Mountains, there Blue Mountains in Oregon. I doubt we are thi g of the same mountains.
    Betty Louise Davenport recently posted…COFFEE/TEA SHARE JUNE4 2016My Profile

• Alok singhal
    6 June 2016 at 5:16 am

I don’t like coffee, so either our discussion will end soon or I’ll convince you to start having tea ?

• Zita
    6 June 2016 at 8:26 pm

I saw your new tats on Instagram and love them! If we were having coffee I’d tell you how I feel like I’ve taken a giant step backwards by taking on a contract doing a similar job to what I walked away from 18 months ago but instead of feeling like a failure I’m trying to look at the positives and hope this is a step to where I really want to be!
    Zita recently posted…til next time…My Profile

• Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid
    7 June 2016 at 4:15 pm

If we were having coffee, I’d be thrilled because the Blue Mountains is my spirit place! If we were having coffee, I’d tell you how I’d been in London and that the weather there in summer was two degrees colder than the weather in Sydney in winter! True story! Hope that rain didn’t dampen your spirits and that you had a wonderful weekend away.
    Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid recently posted…Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and a Delicious GiveawayMy Profile

• Kathleen
    8 June 2016 at 9:48 am

Sounds like a great getaway, even with the rain! Perfect day to cozy up with a coffee and catch up.. Thanks for the invite!
    Kathleen recently posted…Hey, It’s Okay TuesdayMy Profile