The Month That Was

The month that was November 2015

It’s December you guys! Is anyone else excited? I can’t believe the end of the year is almost here. Right now, it means a little break over Christmas and work quietening down. But let me take some time to look back at November.

I started November with high hopes. I signed up to NaNoWriMo but after 4 days and 2000-odd words, I didn’t do much more. I had planned out my characters well enough and I don’t think I’m a pantser. I just got stuck and then couldn’t go anymore. I lost my mojo for writing and blogging.

In November, the world was devastated by terror attacks which prompted me to reflect on how terrorism is not just in the west. I also spoke about my difficulties in asking for help. And yet, apart from these posts, I couldn’t write much except reflect each week on the things that made me happy. There were birthdays I enjoyed and a camping trip during the final weekend. But more importantly, what kept me busy this month was being offered a new job which I commence in the new year. It’s exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. There have been some other personal stressors in November but I am trying to look at the positive and believe in the universe.

In December, I’m looking forward to lots of Christmas parties and get-togethers as well as starting to wind down my work and catch up on all my paperwork. Of course, I’m looking forward to some time off during Christmas and some long weekends. I’m hoping the weather is good so I can enjoy the sun, sand and sea.

How was your November?

Do share!

If you’ve written a post {in words or pictures} reflecting on the month that was November, you can join in on the monthly link up – The month that was. Grab the code from the sidebar and add your link below.

***Linking with Jess for IBOT***

SANCH_sig1

• Amy @ HandbagMafia
    1 December 2015 at 7:20 am

I couldn’t commit to NaNo either- too hard basket this year! My highlight was the Kidspot Gala last weekend- what a great night!
    Amy @ HandbagMafia recently posted…Mum of Boys: Can’t Support Feminism?My Profile

• Amy @ HandbagMafia
    1 December 2015 at 7:20 am

• Pinky Poinker
    1 December 2015 at 8:16 am

November was spent trying to sell my house! Still unsold atm. It’s hard to write under pressure isn’t it. As soon as someone expects me to write I shut down 🙂 Have a great December x
    Pinky Poinker recently posted…My Top Tips for Smuggling ContrabandMy Profile

• Pinky Poinker
    1 December 2015 at 8:16 am

Pinky Poinker recently posted…My Top Tips for Smuggling ContrabandMy Profile

• Haidee@Maybe Baby Brothers
    1 December 2015 at 8:28 am

I had a busy November and December is set to be even busier! I’m so jealous of the camping trip, we bought a tent and plan to go on our first trip after Christmas when the weather settles down (the nice weather is slow coming in my part of New Zealand!). Enjoy all that December has on offer, I can’t wait! And congrats on the new job! #TeamIBOT
    Haidee@Maybe Baby Brothers recently posted…The Christmas Express – Free Printable Ticket!My Profile

• Haidee@Maybe Baby Brothers
    1 December 2015 at 8:28 am

• Myan
    1 December 2015 at 8:37 am

November brought cold weather tempered by a big load of firewood to our high mountain, Colorado home. Clearly time to hunker down and do the deep inward dive.

• Myan
    1 December 2015 at 8:37 am

• Shailaja
    1 December 2015 at 2:19 pm

I am with you on the inability to finish Nano 🙂 Did not lose the mojo but realised that this particular book was not right for NaNo . Many congrats on the job and here’s looking at a gorgeous December and a wonderful new year for you, Sanch.
    Shailaja recently posted…How I failed but also won at #NaNoWriMoMy Profile

• Shailaja
    1 December 2015 at 2:19 pm

Shailaja recently posted…How I failed but also won at #NaNoWriMoMy Profile

• JF Gibson
    1 December 2015 at 2:46 pm

Your November with NaNo and writing was very much the same as mine. Started off, couldn’t continue and lost all my creative writing mojo, (thankfully not my copywriting mojo, phew!)

December, I’m looking forward to a quieter month and rediscovering my creative mojo, and enjoying the lead up to Christmas.

Oh, and congrats on the new job – awesome!
    JF Gibson recently posted…I have a dilemmaMy Profile

• JF Gibson
    1 December 2015 at 2:46 pm

Oh, and congrats on the new job – awesome!
    JF Gibson recently posted…I have a dilemmaMy Profile

• Parul
    1 December 2015 at 4:40 pm

Have a happy December Sanch! I did NaBloPoMo and wrote 29 days. Missed a day but happy about it. Terrorism hurts and I wish there was not so much hatred. Enjoy the last month of the year 🙂
    Parul recently posted…Gratitude List – November 2015My Profile

• Parul
    1 December 2015 at 4:40 pm

Parul recently posted…Gratitude List – November 2015My Profile

• Hugzilla
    1 December 2015 at 6:45 pm

Yep, I did NaNo back in the Dark Ages (2008) and as much as I enjoyed it I remembered it being a bloody hard task! Even chipping away at it and doing the daily word count was tough. Not something I think I will ever attempt again!

• Hugzilla
    1 December 2015 at 6:45 pm

• Denyse
    1 December 2015 at 8:16 pm

I think the intentions for NANO are always there but jeepers it must be hard to commit to it with all the other responsibilities especially when writing may form part of that. I’ve seen many people start..and not get through it. Some do. I dont know how. Good for you with a new job too. Denyse
    Denyse recently posted…We Are All Teachers. 334/365.My Profile

• Denyse
    1 December 2015 at 8:16 pm

Denyse recently posted…We Are All Teachers. 334/365.My Profile

• Janet aka Middle Aged Mama
    1 December 2015 at 9:37 pm

My November is memorable because I got to see the most of Miss 19 that I have since she moved out in January. She’s off work at the moment due to a sliced tendon, and is bored sitting at home by herself, so most weekdays she comes to visit 🙂 .
    Janet aka Middle Aged Mama recently posted…Comment on 10 Gift Ideas for Crazy Cat Ladies by HugzillaMy Profile

• Janet aka Middle Aged Mama
    1 December 2015 at 9:37 pm

• Paula
    3 December 2015 at 6:28 pm

I’ve always wanted to participate in NaNoWriMo, so I think it’s amazing that you gave it a try! 🙂 I hope you have a wonderful December! 🙂
    Paula recently posted…Five Commitments for DecemberMy Profile

• Paula
    3 December 2015 at 6:28 pm

Paula recently posted…Five Commitments for DecemberMy Profile

• Avada Kedavra
    4 December 2015 at 10:38 am

I am waiting for Christmas too! Badly need a break. My november was mostly spent in doctor’s clinic as everyone at home is sick (including me). 🙁 Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
    Avada Kedavra recently posted…Recent book haulMy Profile