A to Z Challenge Poetry

C is for Cathisophobia #atozchallenge

There was a man whose name was Ned
He stood everywhere; even on his bed
He feared if he sat
HeΒ would remain flat
So he remained forever on his two legs instead

(c) Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life

Note: Cathisophobia is the fear of sitting

C

***This has been written for the 2015 A to Z Challenge. My theme is the A to Z of Phobias. Entries are written in the form of a limerick. You can read my other entries here.***

If you enjoyed this post, you can like my Facebook Page, follow me on Twitter or Instagram, or just show me some Bloglovin to keep up to date

• Pinky Poinker
    3 April 2015 at 9:12 am

Is there a fear of standing? Because I think I have that. I get faint when I have to stand for too long.
    Pinky Poinker recently posted…Pinky’s Easter MessageMy Profile

• Corinne Rodrigues
    3 April 2015 at 10:25 am

Imagine living like that! This will make a great book for kids, Sanch. Perhaps your sis could illustrate?
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Courage – A to Z of Self LeadershipMy Profile

• Lillian Csernica
    3 April 2015 at 11:33 am

Wow! I have a book on phobias, but I’ve never heard of this one. How fascinating!
    Lillian Csernica recently posted…B for BeastmasterMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      3 April 2015 at 11:40 am

Thanks Lillian. I used Google to find a list of phobias and there were several sites that listed them from A to Z. I guess a lot of them were quirky ones with a few genuine ones. I used the quirky ones for my limericks, of course! πŸ˜€

• Rhonda Albom
    3 April 2015 at 1:22 pm

Another winner. Reminds me a bit of Flat Stanley.
    Rhonda Albom recently posted…Coffee Training is Why Auckland Cafe’s Are Great – #AtoZMy Profile

• Lata
    3 April 2015 at 2:25 pm

OH! Such a fear exists!! good to know.

• Shantala
    3 April 2015 at 2:54 pm

The thing I love about your posts for AtoZ is that they are informative as well as entertaining – the very best combination. Rock on, Sanch. πŸ™‚
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*
    Shantala recently posted…To New Beginnings… #AtoZChallenge 2015 @AprilA2ZMy Profile

• Nick Wilford
    3 April 2015 at 3:43 pm

That was fun! Poor old Ned, he must get tired.
    Nick Wilford recently posted…B is for BoyarMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      4 April 2015 at 12:00 pm

Thanks Nick…yep, I certainly wouldn’t want Ned’s phobia. Life would be way too difficult! πŸ˜€

• Swathi Shenoy
    3 April 2015 at 4:19 pm

I never knew there was a fear of this kind too!!! This theme is turning out rather enlightening one πŸ˜€
    Swathi Shenoy recently posted…CruxMy Profile

• Shilpa Garg
    3 April 2015 at 4:48 pm

Fear of sitting?? I am forever looking for a place to sit πŸ˜€

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      4 April 2015 at 12:17 pm

I know, right? I guess he lived a long life though because apparently, sitting can kill us! πŸ˜›

• Parul
    3 April 2015 at 5:07 pm

Oh my God! There is a fear like that too??? Wow! Learning of the day πŸ™‚
    I am loving your posts S..great ones every day!
    Parul recently posted…C for ChangeMy Profile

• Eloquent Mind
    3 April 2015 at 5:12 pm

Oh the poor soul ! How in the world do such people sleep ? I can’t imagine not being able to sit all my life time or not being able to snuggle into my comfy bed at night.

Thanks for sharing, Sanch. πŸ™‚
    Eloquent Mind recently posted…Clement Love #AtoZChallengeMy Profile

• Monica Deshpande
    3 April 2015 at 5:49 pm

Is there such a thing as a fear of sitting? Difficult to enjoy a good book if you’re standing up all the time. But I suppose if they have bibliophobia as well, it won’t matter. πŸ™‚

I second Corinne’s idea, Sanch.
    Monica Deshpande recently posted…C is for Cauliflower CaldineMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      4 April 2015 at 4:58 pm

Hehe…yeah apparently there is Monica! Lol…that would be hard! Having both these phobias… πŸ˜€

• Suzy
    3 April 2015 at 6:07 pm

Oh dear that would’ve been a difficult thing to do. Now me, I love to sit πŸ˜€
    Suzy recently posted…Love is in the Air – ConsortMy Profile

• Zita
    3 April 2015 at 6:21 pm

I am learning so much!! Never knew you could have a fear of sitting!
    Am loving your creativity and way with words!
    Zita recently posted…What you do when your luggage doesn’t arriveMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      4 April 2015 at 6:09 pm

I’ve learnt heaps too through this challenge Zita…several quirky phobias out there! πŸ˜€

And thank you πŸ™‚

• sulekha
    3 April 2015 at 7:01 pm

Awesome! Ned should see me, I am forever plonked on the bed and gaining weight like crazy πŸ™‚

• Nibha
    3 April 2015 at 11:52 pm

Oh God!! This is hilarious!!! How could one have it! :O
    Nibha recently posted…CagedMy Profile

• Kaddu
    4 April 2015 at 12:38 am

How can a person have a fear of sitting? Just imagine one of us bloggers having Cathisophobia! πŸ˜›
    Kaddu recently posted…A to Z of Blogging: C – Content #atozchallengeMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      4 April 2015 at 6:11 pm

No idea Kaddu! If we had it, we’d be standing and typing all day long. Not sure how many blogs I’d read standing though…

• Geets
    4 April 2015 at 2:15 am

What an amazing thought and the story..!! Loved your theme and the way it is going!
    Keep it up!

Cheers
    Geets recently posted…C-CoffinMy Profile

• Jeanne Melanson
    4 April 2015 at 4:20 am

That’s an interesting phobia. Aren’t we as humans strange beings sometimes? Wow. Have you heard of Trypophibia? I wrote a blog post indirectly realated to it called, “Freaky Suriname Toad Birth, a Trypophobic’s Worst Nightmare” if you care to check it out.

I’m visiting you from the A-Z challenge. I’m doing it too and my theme is Animals. Have fun!
    Jeanne Melanson recently posted…C is for Cool Capybera Facts : A-Z Collection of Animals ChallengeMy Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      4 April 2015 at 6:25 pm

I agree Jeanne…we are strange creatures! I hadn’t heard of Trypophobia…will check out your post.

And I love you theme πŸ™‚

• Nisha Sanjeev
    4 April 2015 at 4:38 am

Funny… I’m smiling as I comment :))))

• elly stornebrink
    4 April 2015 at 4:33 pm

Never heard of such a fear before: how interesting! And yet, I cannot imagine it. I moved a couple of days ago and stood a lot packing and cleaning and now unpacking…it’s hard on the legs, knees, and feet. How is this possible?! πŸ˜‰ <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…#A to Z Challenge: C is for CourageMy Profile

• Grace
    7 April 2015 at 1:29 pm

Haha! Clever, funny and informative! Phobia of sitting down? Who knew???
    Grace recently posted…South Coast orҀ¦BustingMy Profile

• Patricia Lynne
    25 May 2015 at 8:30 am

Ned’s legs must be very sore! LOL