The Month That Was

The month that was January 2015

medium_7943339068

You know what’s coming don’t you? Yes, another statement about how quickly time flies! I feel like it was just yesterday I was ringing in the new year on the Overland track. And yet, today, it’s the first day of February.

This month, I’ve decided as per my goals for 2015, to commence my new linky for this page. It’s a monthly linky called The Month that was. I’ll let you know the rules for linking up at the end of this post.

Anyway, January has just whizzed past. It started with me still being on holidays and enjoying a holiday in Tasmania and soaking up the beauty of Hobart, Bruny Island and Port Arthur. I also spent a lovely time in regional Victoria and finished off at Bright. Once I returned, it was back to my routine. January saw me turn 31. The one thing I learnt though in January is that I’m unhappy at work. While I loved returning home after the holidays, I wasn’t all that pleased to go back to work. Finally, after a wonderful time away and unfortunately eating badly and drinking a bit too much, I decided to register for FebFast in February. I’ve gone one day already without any refined sugars or alcohol.

What was your January like?

You can write a post and link up to share the same. It can be a write up like this one, or even in a photo format. All you need to do to be part of the linky is:

• Follow Living my Imperfect Life on Facebook.
  • Grab the code for the linky from the sidebar and add it to your post and/or your sidebar
  • Comment on at least one of the posts in the linky.
Living my Imperfect Life

So if you like to reflect on your month and give the rest of us a snapshot, go ahead and join up. I’m looking forward to reading your posts.

photo credit: sdimitris via photopin cc

• Zita
    1 February 2015 at 8:56 pm

Great linky idea…I do like your monthly round ups! I would totally write a post and link up if I didn’t just break my blog…again… 🙁

3 February 2015 at 10:17 pm

Oh no! Hope your blog is fixed by now Zita! P.S. The link is open for 7 days so you can still link up. x

• Zita
    1 February 2015 at 8:56 pm

3 February 2015 at 10:17 pm

• Inderpreet
    1 February 2015 at 9:05 pm

January sure has a way of sorting out our thoughts.
    Great idea for a linky.
    All the best.
    Inderpreet recently posted…Undefined!My Profile

3 February 2015 at 10:20 pm

Thanks Inderpreet…Jan does do that but I wish Feb was the start of the year so we had time to think it through! 😀

• Inderpreet
    1 February 2015 at 9:05 pm

January sure has a way of sorting out our thoughts.
    Great idea for a linky.
    All the best.
    Inderpreet recently posted…Undefined!My Profile

3 February 2015 at 10:20 pm

• Shailaja V
    1 February 2015 at 11:34 pm

Just this morning, I was planning to write a “Month that was” post and you come up with the linky. What a lovely coincidence! Thanks for the initiative, Sanch 🙂 Hope your Feb Fast goes well!
    Shailaja V recently posted…My Story as a Survivor of DepressionMy Profile

• Shailaja V
    1 February 2015 at 11:34 pm

Shailaja V recently posted…My Story as a Survivor of DepressionMy Profile

• Rajlakshmi
    1 February 2015 at 11:56 pm

I love this idea of summing up the month. I should start doing it too.

3 February 2015 at 10:48 pm

Thanks Raj…I found it quite useful and nice to reflect back on the month. Given that you take such wonderful photos, you could easily do it as a photo post.

• Rajlakshmi
    1 February 2015 at 11:56 pm

I love this idea of summing up the month. I should start doing it too.

3 February 2015 at 10:48 pm

• Susanne
    2 February 2015 at 1:52 am

Yes, January is over and I’m so glad! January is a terrible month. Coming after Christmas, it’s just filled with boredom, as well as cold weather.
    However, nice idea for a link-up!
    Susanne recently posted…Office candyMy Profile

3 February 2015 at 10:56 pm

Oh that’s a shame it wasn’t a great month for you Susanne. I guess because it’s summer here, it’s still quite enjoyable with being able to go to the beach and enjoying the outdoors. Do join in on the link up…would love to read your posts.

• Susanne
    2 February 2015 at 1:52 am

However, nice idea for a link-up!
    Susanne recently posted…Office candyMy Profile

3 February 2015 at 10:56 pm

• Laurel Regan
    2 February 2015 at 7:11 am

I truly can’t believe that January is over already. Time really does fly! Love your idea of the linky. 🙂
    Laurel Regan recently posted…Today’s Gratitude List + February 2015 Gratitude LinkupMy Profile

• Laurel Regan
    2 February 2015 at 7:11 am

• Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    2 February 2015 at 9:23 am

It’s hard to believe it is February already! I can sympathize with being unhappy at work. I was unhappy at work for a long time. Great that you enjoyed your holiday. I cannot wait for our holiday (hubby and I) in Tasmania in late April/early May! 🙂

3 February 2015 at 10:55 pm

I can’t wait to hear about your travels to Tassie Min…I’m sure there will be places I can then add to my list for the future!
      As for my work, yeah, I have to figure that out somehow. Oh well..

• Min@WriteoftheMiddle
    2 February 2015 at 9:23 am

3 February 2015 at 10:55 pm

As for my work, yeah, I have to figure that out somehow. Oh well..

• Caroline @ Mamma Raj Says
    2 February 2015 at 11:58 am

Great idea for a linky and sounds like your January was a blast!!! Always nice to think back about what you have done in the month 🙂

3 February 2015 at 10:54 pm

Thanks Caroline! Yes, January was great and busy…but yeah, it flew by as a result! It’s always nice to reflect…

• Caroline @ Mamma Raj Says
    2 February 2015 at 11:58 am

3 February 2015 at 10:54 pm

• Eloquent Mind
    2 February 2015 at 4:27 pm

Kudos on the wonderful idea to create a linky for the monthly round-ups. 🙂 And thanks to your linky, you made me want to blog and join the fun….

• Eloquent Mind
    2 February 2015 at 4:27 pm

• Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me
    2 February 2015 at 5:28 pm

January is always such a crazy month and is over WAY too soon. It was busy, chaotic but also signalled a change in my mindset in many ways! Go you and Febfast! x

3 February 2015 at 9:07 pm

It is…you barely start to get into it before it’s done! All the public holidays make it seem like Feb should technically be the start of the year! 🙂 Glad to hear Jan was reasonably good for you!

• Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me
    2 February 2015 at 5:28 pm

3 February 2015 at 9:07 pm

• elly stornebrink
    2 February 2015 at 5:54 pm

Yes, January flew by so fast! I like your idea of the month that was. Hmmm…. 😉 And good luck with the FebFast! 🙂 <3
    elly stornebrink recently posted…NaBloPoMo on Make – a Blog, a ListMy Profile

3 February 2015 at 9:05 pm

Do link up if you’re interested Elly…would love to read about your month. 🙂 And thanks…I’m going to need all the luck for giving up sweets and alcohol!!

• elly stornebrink
    2 February 2015 at 5:54 pm

elly stornebrink recently posted…NaBloPoMo on Make – a Blog, a ListMy Profile

3 February 2015 at 9:05 pm

• Bikram
    2 February 2015 at 7:52 pm

Janaury has been a very bad start, I am still trying to cope up with it and getting the courage to put it up.. other than that its all fine and that is a good idea about month post 🙂

and All the best …
    Bikram recently posted…January Blogathon – Othe amla de hone ne nabede kisse na teri Zaat puchniMy Profile

• Bikram
    2 February 2015 at 7:52 pm

and All the best …

• Alicia
    2 February 2015 at 9:58 pm

Oh this I awesome Sanch. It will tie in with my #52weeksofmemories post which I am doing monthly. Good luck with Febfast, I don’t know that I could do it, the alcohol bit anyways x
    Alicia recently posted…Blackfellows CavesMy Profile