Life lessons

Wise Words

medium_775089650

On my 16th birthday, my mother decided to give me some advice on boyfriends. I learnt that he should come from a good family. I remember arguing that a person’s family doesn’t determine who they are.

In my twenties, I continued to receive advice from everyone about ‘settling down’. Apparently now, I needed to find someone from a good family, working, wealthy, intelligent. Yet, I shouldn’t be too picky.

But the wisest words were what my grandmother said to me a few years ago:

Find someone who treats you well and makes you happy.

What more can I ask for?

***Linking with Write Tribe for 100 words on Saturday***

photo credit: Carlos Porto via photopin cc

• simple girl
    7 August 2014 at 2:38 pm

🙂 .. she gave you the gem of an advice…
    simple girl recently posted…Trying to be sane…My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      7 August 2014 at 2:55 pm

I know, right? Now just to find that person… 😛 But at least it’s made me not stay with idiots! 😀

• simple girl
    7 August 2014 at 2:38 pm

🙂 .. she gave you the gem of an advice…
    simple girl recently posted…Trying to be sane…My Profile

• Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life
      7 August 2014 at 2:55 pm

• Karan
    7 August 2014 at 2:52 pm

we tend to complicate things that are best left simple, a very wise advise which comes from the best quarters one can have them 🙂
    Karan recently posted…It Was Love When # 5My Profile

• Karan
    7 August 2014 at 2:52 pm

Karan recently posted…It Was Love When # 5My Profile

• Corinne Rodrigues
    7 August 2014 at 3:48 pm

What would we do without our grandmoms? 🙂
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Inspirational Growth QuotesMy Profile

• Corinne Rodrigues
    7 August 2014 at 3:48 pm

What would we do without our grandmoms? 🙂
    Corinne Rodrigues recently posted…Inspirational Growth QuotesMy Profile

• PeeVee™
    7 August 2014 at 7:15 pm

Probably the best of relationship wisdom. That’s all you really need to look at when you want to know if you want to take the relationship further.

P.S: I can’t comment on your blog via Feedly :/ Something I’m doing wrong?

• PeeVee™
    7 August 2014 at 7:15 pm

P.S: I can’t comment on your blog via Feedly :/ Something I’m doing wrong?

• nabanita
    7 August 2014 at 8:11 pm

Such good advice …. something that is true to the last word..
    nabanita recently posted…Just One Lasting Friendship…My Profile

• nabanita
    7 August 2014 at 8:11 pm

Such good advice …. something that is true to the last word..
    nabanita recently posted…Just One Lasting Friendship…My Profile

• Michelle Liew
    7 August 2014 at 8:36 pm

Wise words, truly!
    Michelle Liew recently posted…Magic WandMy Profile

• Michelle Liew
    7 August 2014 at 8:36 pm

Wise words, truly!
    Michelle Liew recently posted…Magic WandMy Profile

• maecour
    7 August 2014 at 10:12 pm

hi,your grandmothers words are true to the core but your mother’s advice is nevertheless important,that is what life taught me and this is something i want to share with every girl.Guy’s family is really important,it should be something you can call your home,place where you feel confident that your children can grow up fruitfully.No matter how caring and supportive your husband is , still that bitter part you have to endure ,once i questioned my mother when she told me the same and now i know the answer:(

• maecour
    7 August 2014 at 10:12 pm

• Bikram
    7 August 2014 at 10:24 pm

That is such good advice and here’s wishing you do find someone who treats you well and always keeps you Happy alwayssssssssssssssssssss
    Bikram recently posted…Wordless Wednesday (47) – BANKING in 2014My Profile

• Bikram
    7 August 2014 at 10:24 pm

Bikram recently posted…Wordless Wednesday (47) – BANKING in 2014My Profile

• vishalbheeroo
    8 August 2014 at 5:37 am

Spot on! Your Grand Mom words is so true for any generation. It applies to the guys who should treat their women with respect.

vishalbheeroo recently posted…100 Words on Saturday: ‘My grand mother said…’My Profile

• vishalbheeroo