Life

Made my day…

You know you are doing something right when your client wants to be like you. And of course, has nearly reached their goals for therapy.

Yes, I had a client ask me today what they need to study in order to become a psychologist.The client has found me helpful and is now interested in pursuing psychology as a career path. And thinks they can do it.

And it made my day!

I think they would make a good psychologist. And I never thought I could ever influence someone positively in this manner.

After all, all I’m doing is my job.

If only I could have more clients like this one, it would do my ego a whole lot good!

Mondays are worth it with clients like this… ^_^

• Lazy Pineapple
    7 June 2010 at 9:44 am

Woohooo..this is great and such a morale booster 🙂

I also got such a response from a few of the students I had convinced for studying abroad and when they realised their dreams 🙂

I am happy for you PB 🙂

• Miss Smack
    7 June 2010 at 9:51 am

I agree it’s a high. I work in a specialist unit for child rape and we talk at schools. about reducing vulnerability and keeping each other safe. I get the same questions and as an aside, I add the career path at the end of our talk.

Nice work Dr!

7 June 2010 at 10:26 am

It’s nice when people appreciate what you do, isn’t it? Even if you are not working just for that! Thanks LP =)

7 June 2010 at 10:38 am

I think the work you do is amazing! And inspiring for some many kids…keep it up! 🙂

• Avada Kedavra
    7 June 2010 at 1:30 pm

That’s such a huge moral booster PB 🙂 This clearly shows that you are a very good psychologist 🙂

• Titaxy
    7 June 2010 at 1:50 pm

Awesome! What better way to get appreciation, if not directly from the client:)

• pal
    7 June 2010 at 3:25 pm

Aw, that’s lovely!!! Always nice to know one is doing his/her job really well 🙂 Best wishes, for you to continue to inspire youngsters and help them make their lives more meaningful 🙂

• Journomuse
    7 June 2010 at 3:35 pm

Way to go girl. You seem to be doing setting a lot of people on the right path if they want to become someone like you. 🙂 By the way, your blog is also eminently ‘followable’. See I crafted a new word for you. 😉

• ~G
    7 June 2010 at 3:48 pm

🙂 What an amazing start to the week! Cheers to you and psychologists everywhere!

• Richa
    7 June 2010 at 3:48 pm

Cool! You must be so happy. I don’t think my job aspires anyone. Most people are horrified to know that I work for oil industry, the big evil monster. And yet they continue to utilize the benefits of the industry (just not oil for cars but oil for other forms of transport, oil for electricity, fertilizers for crops, cosmetic industry, to name a few).

The ironies of life!

• Sam Liu
    7 June 2010 at 8:33 pm

How wonderful that you were able to inspire somebody like that, it must have been such a brilliant feeling to know that your hard-work is paying off and having a positive, significant impact on another’s life.

• shahid a.k.a Shady West Side
    8 June 2010 at 2:10 am

ha….there are certain jobs which come with a certain amount of admiration…doctor… psychologist…artists..etc…they come with an aura because there is a huge amount of personal touch in the way you do things….i am sure there are more such clients who havent spoken up yet…

• Gyanban
    8 June 2010 at 5:19 am

I generally tend to take it with a pinch of salt.
    People are fickle,well mostly, and i think when they re impressed they lose a sense of reality of where they are and start living in where they want to be.
    once that effect dies down – they sometimes get back to disillusionment.

So I tell them to find out about themselves first – independent of what the external environment tells them. Spend time knowing yourself is always going to help you conduct yourself better in the long run.

• aniruddha
    8 June 2010 at 9:41 am

wow what a compliment 🙂

8 June 2010 at 12:02 pm

It is a morale booster….not sure if I’m a very good psychologist but this client was responsive to treatment and it worked!

• ~G
    8 June 2010 at 12:05 pm

NICEEEE header!

8 June 2010 at 12:09 pm

Yes…it was really quite nice! Rarely ever get that but I do treasure the ones I get!

8 June 2010 at 12:30 pm

Thank you Pal…it really was nice to feel like I was inspiring someone =)

8 June 2010 at 12:31 pm

Lol @ followable…nice word! Thanks for coining it and for the lovely comment =)

8 June 2010 at 12:39 pm

Lol…you are right in that we need people like you as well…what would people do without cars and transport???!!! And yes, I am happy to have such feedback from a client…rarely happens, so will take it! =)

8 June 2010 at 12:39 pm

=) Thanks G! And I see you didn’t have problems commenting this time around… =D Yay!

8 June 2010 at 12:40 pm

It sure was Sam. I must say, this client has been open to treatment and hence it has worked well…but it’s good to know that this works! =P

8 June 2010 at 12:41 pm

Hmm…well, I don’t go with the aim of inspiring kids and teens…but if in the process it happens, it would be great. =)

8 June 2010 at 12:41 pm

Thanks…courtesy my sister again =)

8 June 2010 at 12:43 pm

Well, I don’t get many clients wanting to become psychologists…so I will take this one. This client has been very responsive to treatment and has seen how things work based on research as well as their own experience…and given their personality, I’m not surprised they would want to choose a path like psychology or a similar field. I think that’s the reason why I have taken it seriously compared to others who have lofty ideas and goals about wanting to be famous….

8 June 2010 at 12:43 pm

Thanks Ani! =) Long time, no see by the way…

• aniruddha
    8 June 2010 at 12:51 pm

was preparing for my exam 🙂 will be more regular now. You havent visited me either waise 😛

• Singer7
    8 June 2010 at 7:06 pm

Woah! I didn’t no u are a psychologist!!! That’s pretty cool!!! And to have ur client get influenced to be a psychologist because of U is a HUGE compliment!! Congradulations!!!

10 June 2010 at 11:22 am

I haven’t had updates from your blog on my Google dashboard…so didn’t think you had written in a while. Hope the exams went well…