Life

Just wondering…

…why are people so impatient? Why can’t they wait for two seconds till the light turns green and I move ahead and then they can turn left? Why swear at me…especially when I haven’t broken any road rules?

…why am I so confused about so many things lately? I just can’t seem to make a decision. I want to sometimes and at other times, I have my doubts. I am so confused. 🙁

…why do better jobs get advertised when I have just started a new one? And why do I think that I have made a mistake?

…why am I so bored and apathetic about most things apart from my creative writing and Italian classes?

…why do I find it so hard to get along with people my own age? I seem to make friends with older people…even in my two weeks of classes, I have become friendly with women older than me…two of whom are grandmothers. (And unlike what one of my friends told me, I’m not gifted!)

…why do I have to share with someone who is like a juvenile? Seriously, I sometimes feel like I’m sharing with a teenager even though she’s just a year younger than me. I am currently modelling cleanliness behaviours at home. When she’s around, I’m cleaning the kitchen when I drop crumbs on the bench!

…why am I so mature and responsible when it comes to most things but not in some other areas? I am running my house and can make decisions there…but for some other things, I can be so stupid and indecisive!

…why is it that the days I am running late for work are the days there will be an accident on the road thereby disrupting traffic?

…why do people who have worked for years and years think that they are definitely doing the right thing and not willing to listen to someone with a different view? Not in terms of client work but more so in terms of administrative stuff. Someone else may just have a better idea because they are viewing things with fresh eyes.

…why does my heart hurt so much when I miss or worry about certain people in my life?

…why do I get jealous so easily? I have always been this way since a child. When can I get over it? And how?

…why am I so critical about almost every person I meet? [An entire post on this will come up sometime soon…]

…why am I so scared to go seek therapy? It’s what I do for a living…encourage people to get rid of that stigma and come and see me. But I’m scared to get help for myself.

…why do I love to be by myself and yet crave the company of a loved one?

…why do I worry about the future even though I know it is not going to do me any good since I do not know what the future holds?

Why?

Will I ever get answers to any of these?

I guess I don’t really mind…just wanted to put it out there…

• Varsh
    19 February 2010 at 9:54 am

Now come on…don’t all of us face these questions at some or the other point of our lives? Its good to judge yourself first rather than giving others the chance to do that…but don’t get so bugged by it!

Chill!!!!!!

19 February 2010 at 10:03 am

I’m sure we all do…and it helps to know that I guess. Sorry…just been going through a stupid stressful low phase recently. I hope to get out of it soon….

• bookslifenmore
    19 February 2010 at 10:04 am

Because my dear girl you are human 🙂

Stop asking so many questions, chill!!!

19 February 2010 at 10:12 am

Lol at “stop asking so many questions”!!! I really need to…I really need to not think for a little while!!! Maybe then I’ll feel a lot better….

• G
    19 February 2010 at 10:40 am

Oh i seem to know the answer PB, it’s cos you are human. 🙂
    Cheer up. stop looking for answers. the outcome will just be more questions.
    cest la vie. complicated. 🙂

• Gunjaaish
    19 February 2010 at 10:45 am

Hey PB, not able to comment with my creds. 🙁 wondering whats wrong.. so this is a trial and error comment

• Gunjaaish
    19 February 2010 at 10:46 am

Aiyoo! That comment got approved. So the problem was that I cannot have a small name like ‘G’. replaced it with ‘gunjaaish’ and it got thro. Ye kaisi naa insaafi! 🙁

• E.
    19 February 2010 at 11:22 am

Does ‘because you are you’ count as a decent answer?

• ItsNu
    19 February 2010 at 11:34 am

First things first [[[[[HUGS]]]]]

Few of these WHY things happen to me regularly..so I’ll not say that it’s just a phase and all that…It’s a cycle which keeps coming up every now and then..

specially the signal problem that you mentioned…I face it daily..DAILY..people are just so restless to break traffic rules..they don’t realize what they can loose by just one tiny mistake 🙁

I too feel confused about the things I want to do and suddenly feel that no It’s not for me 🙁

I have the same problem with the experienced lot..but a twist in that..I always tend to question elders who think they are right in everything just because they are older to me 🙁 Not logical na ?

I too sometimes think that I made a mistake by leaving my job..perfect job..in Mumbai..so yes I too feel confused about my decision !

But that’s okay I guess..everyone has different questions in their mind..and we are the ones who should accept ourselves with what all we have..good,bad,ugle things 🙂

And the best part is,in these WHY times, turn to those who love so much…like me 🙂 Muuuahhh and you will feel better 🙂

• Varsh
    19 February 2010 at 11:35 am

I didn’t realise I was first!!!!

Its alright my dear…all you need is an outlet and I’m glad we can all get it here, isn’t it? I’m sure you’ll snap out of it, just like that and come back to writing like YOU! 🙂

• makkdisct
    19 February 2010 at 12:16 pm

Psych

You will overcome all these. Take it easy. I know easy said then done.

I am doing so and I am happy 🙂 may be this work with you ???? may be?

and when ever you read this comment. Please take a glass of water even if you have jut taken it.Please

Keep smiling. take care.

• Harini
    19 February 2010 at 1:04 pm

I guess most of us have pretty similar questions at one time or another in life. We fail to make any decisions and think ‘why cant i’. So i guess this is kinda normal and you will out of this phase soon.

• Gyanban
    19 February 2010 at 2:25 pm

like takes many twists and turns..we just have to worry about one turn at a time…but we try to take on too many things at once. Therefore the mind gets clouded. keep it short n simple.

• Titaxy
    19 February 2010 at 3:26 pm

At this given point of life, I can relate to some of the points you’ve written about…and am sure the rest I will ask myself at some point or the other. Don’t have answers, but things don’t always stay this way…so just hang in there, it will pass. Hugs! Take care, psych.

• shahid
    19 February 2010 at 5:11 pm

So many questions?…well be patient for the answers…all your whys will get a because

• bluntedges
    19 February 2010 at 5:41 pm

why do people ask so many qsns? 😛

so even shrinks need therapy ha? interesting! (or is it?)

• sidthegnome
    19 February 2010 at 6:39 pm

Aaah, the rhetorical question post … love it. Those jobs, they aren’t better than your great new job, they just look it.

the glass is half full, the glass is half full, the glass is half full

• sayamaya
    19 February 2010 at 6:46 pm

Hello.. Most of these questions I ve had as well. I keep telling myself the Murphy’s law when I have these questions 😀 Loved the post!!

• ani_aset
    20 February 2010 at 4:51 am

🙂 good that you have made a list of things you feel like working on. so whats on the list, what all things will get tackled in the coming month PB 🙂

• bhagyashree
    20 February 2010 at 6:37 am

Felt as if I was reading my own thoughts 🙂

22 February 2010 at 9:43 am

Hehe…thanks G! I should think: Shit happens so I won’t feel like crap when it does! 😛

22 February 2010 at 9:44 am

Hmmm…and looks like you were able to comment with G and Gunjaaish…no idea what happened there! =)

22 February 2010 at 9:44 am

Hahaha….yes it does. IT is because I am me! :p

22 February 2010 at 10:02 am

Thanks Nu! For all the lovely words and the hugs… =)

22 February 2010 at 10:03 am

Hehe…yes you were! Oh and I am so grateful for all of you…to ‘listen’ to my rants…it really does help me! =)

22 February 2010 at 10:03 am

Thanks…I didn’t get the taking a glass of water thing by the way. What’s that s’posed to do???

22 February 2010 at 10:11 am

Good to know that others go through this as well…normalizes the situation for me! Thanks!

22 February 2010 at 10:11 am

I need to remember that Gyanban…Kepp IT Simple!!! =)

22 February 2010 at 10:12 am

Thanks T! Thanks heaps for the hugs… =)

22 February 2010 at 10:13 am

Patience. Unfortunately, when I am anxious, there’s no room for patience. 😛 But hope the because comes around soon….

22 February 2010 at 10:13 am

Oh yeah, shrinks need therapy too. We are all effed up! =P

• jb
    23 February 2010 at 12:30 am

Don’t ask why, it keeps you in questions instead of in life.

23 February 2010 at 11:05 am

Welcome JB! Lol…nice one! I need to try and remember that.

• lisleman
    10 March 2010 at 4:46 am

first time reader here. Looks like a list of question that will need to come out of your head. But I think you should always keep asking why.
    We all need to stay curious.

so the comment counter reads 999 – lets see if it flips to 1000

10 March 2010 at 8:53 am

Welcome Lisleman! I believe we need to ask questions too…else it means we are just bored with life and passing by…

By the way, there’s something wrong with the comment counter…a week ago it was around 3000 which is actually the right one….don’t know what’s going on!

20 May 2010 at 12:37 am

Hehe…I really need to be able to see the glass half full but my tendency is to see things as half empty

20 May 2010 at 12:38 am

Murphy’s law…true I reckon it applies in most cases, huh?

20 May 2010 at 12:38 am

🙂

20 May 2010 at 12:38 am

Interesting to know others have this too…

• Varsh
    16 September 2010 at 2:03 am

I didn’t realise I was first!!!!

16 September 2010 at 2:03 am

• Varsh
    13 December 2010 at 8:12 am

I didn’t realise I was first!!!!