Life

10 things before I die

The Blog This Challenge for this week is as follows: Tell us TEN things you want to do in your lifetime that you’ve yet to achieve. It can be as simple as learning to knit, or bungee jump, skydive, maybe eat a whole lobster or travel somewhere, meet a penpal – anything!

So here’s mine in no particular order. It’s easy because I already have a list with some things being crossed out as they have been achieved. (e.g. Getting residency in Australia, Meeting Adam Gilchrist)

10. Learn a new language

9. Write a book and get published

8. Have a dog. Or two or three…

7. Get my family on holiday to Australia. More than just once.

6. Travel all around Australia

5. Attend an English Premier League match in England. Preferably Liverpool v Chelsea

4. Join a cricket team and play club cricket. Or soccer.

3. Bungee jump in NZ

2. Get another degree. Preferably in Child Clinical Psychology

1. Own my own house

Now to start seeing whether I can in fact achieve any of these!

• soin
    12 October 2009 at 2:46 am

pool fan??and if so why chelsea.. manu match will be better to watch..

• G
    12 October 2009 at 3:05 am

Hey I really liked that list. It is such a simple one. None of the points are like ‘Travel to the Moon’ or ‘buy an island’
    Feels good to know that people will still give an honest answer if genie appears and grants a wish. Its not like ‘lets ask for something Huge now that the genie is here’ 😀

Your point no.1 seems to be on high priority for me right now. When you do it, just remember one thing.. dont lose patience. 🙂

• Nu
    12 October 2009 at 3:08 am

10,9 and 2 are same pinches ! Rest 7 of my own need to think…great idea..it could lead the list of new year’s resolutions… 🙂

• Matt Parker
    12 October 2009 at 3:34 am

Cool wishlist!
    Which new language?
    Another degree?you already got a bunch of them! 😛
    Your list is simple unlike mine which..err..also include ‘buy an island’!! 😀

• The Survivor
    12 October 2009 at 3:37 am

I think you will

• Pins N Ashes
    12 October 2009 at 4:32 am

Which language…….n me looking out for a doggy baby tooo…..

• Psych Babbler
    12 October 2009 at 4:56 am

@ Soin: I’m a Liverpool fan first and then a Chelsea fan. Hence the preference.

@ G: Oh I would be so grateful for a genie right now…even if it was one wish! I definitely know which one I’d be asking for…No. 1. And good luck with your search!

@ Nu: So you want a degree in the same area that I mentioned?

@ Matt: Thanks. As for language…not sure yet. Maybe German. Or Spanish or Italian. And do let us know when you buy your island! 🙂

@ The Survivor: Thanks! 🙂

@ PinsnAshes: Maybe German or Italian or Spanish. And good luck with getting your doggy…hope to see pix when you get one. 🙂

• BlueMist
    12 October 2009 at 5:40 am

Cool. I had 10 th on my list for long…and I achieved it being here in this Country..okay out of compulsion. 😀
    I am planning to take up this. Let’s see what it brings out.

• Shankar
    12 October 2009 at 10:12 am

Good one.. I too prefer chelsea against liverpool… and want to see the match at stamford bridge… should have gone this year.. chelsea thrashed liverpool.. nice one psych…

• Aditya
    12 October 2009 at 10:12 am

All the best. Number 9 and 1 are on my wishlist too. And I already have a dog 😉

Btw I like your clear thought process. 🙂

• Nu
    12 October 2009 at 12:08 pm

Umm no..not the same area but another PG degree.. I did my MBA in HR…so want to get some degree in industrial psychology…

• Sidthegnomenator
    12 October 2009 at 1:03 pm

Psych, I am a Reds supporter – if you ever get over to the UK, I shall endeavour to get us to a match.

• Sonu
    12 October 2009 at 7:02 pm

I’m sure you’ll be able to achieve all of them. Personally I love no. 1, 8, 9 and especially
    no. 7. :)….guess you know why!!!

• Tom Bailey
    12 October 2009 at 10:12 pm

These all look like things to explore. You have a nice blog I connected through another blog.

Best regards

• Psych Babbler
    13 October 2009 at 7:18 am

@ Blue Mist: Looking forward to your list 🙂

@ Shankar: Well, I would be going for Liverpool in this match though…I’m a Reds supported all the way…

@ Aditya: Oh nice…what dog have you got? I’ve always wanted one but parents wouldn’t let me and now because I stay in a unit block, I am not allowed to! Damn…can’t wait to get a house! 😛

@ Nu: Ah okay! Good luck with that… 🙂

@ Sid: That’s awesome. Will keep it in mind and someday in the far future, plan a trip during this time to the UK…even if it is only to watch the game 😛

@ Sonu: Hehe…yep I know why you like No. 7

@ Tom: Welcome! And thanks for the lovely comment

• Nu
    13 October 2009 at 5:13 pm

Hows the book “breathless in bombay” going? let me know hows it..the title sounds intresting

• neeraj
    13 October 2009 at 7:40 pm

Your ambitions seems not that difficult to be realied. But that does not mean you are free to die so early… 😛
    All the best…

• miss carly
    14 October 2009 at 10:34 am

luck xx

• Psych Babbler
    14 October 2009 at 11:24 am

@ Nu: It’s not too bad. A collection of short stories…it’s nice to read about familiar places but somehow not very gripping. Most stories have ended in a disappointing manner for me…

@ Neeraj: Welcome! Well, it’d be great if they could be realised soon…then I could die content 🙂 But I doubt it! 😛

@ Miss Carly: Welcome! And thanks 🙂

• Lizzie Graham Interiors
    14 October 2009 at 10:48 pm

Hi! Great list!! 🙂 Hope you get your puppy dogs!! hehe

I would love to do the bungy but a little freaked of heights!

Love your blog!

Chat soon..

Lizzie x

• eternallymine
    14 October 2009 at 11:23 pm

Great list! That bunjee jump is about 45 minutes from where I live so if you ever end up doing it let me know and we’ll have a blog this coffee date 🙂

• Elissa
    15 October 2009 at 5:35 am

What a great list!! I am a liverpool supporter as well! And I even went to the UK once but never got to a game 🙁 (stupid organised tour) maybe one day….

• Psych Babbler
    15 October 2009 at 8:42 am

@ Lizzie: Thanks! Well, I’m not completely freaked out by heights but who knows what will happen when I try to bungee jump…I think my fear of plummetting may just get the better of me! 😛

@ EternallyMine: Welcome! And that’s really cool to know…it’s a date…for whenever I decide to do it! 🙂

@ Elissa: Welcome! Nice to know more Reds supporters! Too bad about not being able to watch a game but hey, you travelled 😀

• Reema